We looking for a Contracts Manager on behalf of a quality driven residential developer, to assist the Construction Director in producing a targeted number of units to the required cost, rate and profit whilst maintaining a high level of service. You’ll be dealing with a wide range of people, from fellow construction professionals to customers, so first-rate communication skills and a flexible approach are both absolutely essential. Sitting at the very heart of the build process, your exacting standards and inspirational leadership style will influence the overall success of the developments.
The region has sites in Berkshire, Hampshire, Sussex and Dorset therefore suitable Contracts Managers will need to be based centrally within the region.
- Ensuring Site Managers are aware of completion targets
- Monitoring build performance against budget, projection and forecast and identifying reasons for delays, taking action where appropriate.
- Ensuring product quality and development/product presentation meet or exceed the company standards.
- Managing the site construction team, including recruitment, induction, performance appraisals and training & development.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely production of management reports.
- Minimising stock on site and keeping WIP to a minimum.
- Obtaining and retaining a complete up to date knowledge of the market conditions within which the Site Manager operates.
- Monitoring the use of hired plant, ensuring hire periods are kept to a minimum.
- Ensuring all technical queries are resolved with the relevant departments.
- Providing feedback to the Construction Director on practical and/or cost effective solutions.
- Developing working relationships with chosen suppliers, sub-contractors and plant hire companies ensuring the required costs, quality and time requirements are met.
- Ensuring all Health & Safety procedures are met within the site and, where appropriate, off-site.
- Assisting the surveying department in preparing risk assessments, method statements and sub-contractor HSE scoring systems for all trades.
- Ensuring an awareness of all customer satisfaction surveys and investigating sub- standard responses in conjunction with the Construction Director.
- Feeding back information from customers to other departments and implementing and encouraging new systems to maximise efficiencies and in turn profits.
- Regularly reviewing customer snag sheets at inspection, post-completion lists and on- going maintenance lists to implement procedures to limit maintenance.
- Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Complying with and upholding legislation and company policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Our Client is offering a highly competitive base salary, generous car allowance and 40% bonus potential to the successful applicant who live have a stable career history working in the house building industry, a sound knowledge of construction processes, design stages, construction legislation, all relative to new housing.