Our bidding and estimating team is growing and we have some exciting opportunities with different experience levels to join. If you are looking for a new opportunity to develop your career then this could be the role for you. This role will play a vital part in the overall success of our busy frameworks and you will be joining a growing, collaborative team with a great reputation in the UK Construction industry.
In this role you will have the opportunity to build up and develop commercial estimates & cost plans in accordance with the client’s requirements and internal processes on projects upto £30m and will work closely with the estimating managers and the department head to review opportunities, manage workload and resource plan.
You will have the opportunity to lead contract reviews, ensuring compliance with internal governance procedures.
Depending on your level of experience, other responsibilities may include:
- Managing and developing other estimators in the team
- Along with the bid team, identifying and implementing winning strategies
- Liaison with specialist designers and consultants
- Presenting and communicating commercial estimates at internal governance reviews
- Leading with client communication and post tender clarification and negotiation reviews to ensure the success of a bid
- Working with the Business Development team and Clients to help secure sustainable opportunities for the company
- Liaison with specialist subcontractors, suppliers and designers
- Taking part in contract and internal governance reviews
- Assisting in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
- Assisting with the analysis of business cases, prepare reports at all stages of budget setting
We are looking for candidates with various levels of experience up to managing estimators, so if you have some of the following qualifications, skills and/or experience then do get in touch:
- Qualification in engineering, construction management, quantity surveying or another relevant subject
- Experience in a similar role from a civil, water industry or construction background
- Experience in bidding for large projects and frameworks
- Experience in managing and developing others
- Experience and knowledge of estimating package CANDY, CONQUEST CAUSEWAY COST EX etc
- Knowledge of construction Contracts and terminology, e.g. NEC3/4, IChemE, JCT
- Strong communicator with good numerical and analytical skills
Salary range and package is competitive and commensurate with experience