BJF Group- Core Mechanical (plumber)
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical (Plumber) with experience on Commercial or Domestic properties to work for a government founded company based in the outskirts of Newbury and the Woking & Camberley area
- NVQ level 3 Plumbing
- Knowledge of Domestic and Commercial plumbing and heating systems
- You should be qualified and have a wealth of experience in M&E Services and Maintenance and general PPMs
- Vented and Unvented hot water systems (G3)
- DHM experience
- HVAC experience(building services)
- PASMA and IPAF(desirable)
- Pool plant operator(desirable)
- BG02 or BOAS training(desirable)
- 5 years’ consistent maintenance plumbing experience
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake all mechanical reactive and planned maintenance tasks allocated and completed to an agreed standard, and to be available when on-call to ensure effective response and resolution, to then satisfy customer needs/escalation where appropriate.
- Ensure work is carried out in compliance with all health and safety requirements and to adhere to the best working practices.
- Carry out installation and maintenance of heating installations of all types in domestic and commercial buildings (including boilers, pipelines, valves, pumps, control gear, and other associated equipment), and be fully conversant with all aspects of the heating systems.
- Carry out installation and maintenance of plumbing, drainage, and sanitation installations of all types in domestic and commercial buildings and be fully conversant with all aspects of these systems.
- To carry out inspection of and maintenance work to HVAC installations of all types in domestic and commercial buildings and be fully conversant with all aspects of these systems.
- To undertake fault-finding diagnosis, problem-solving, and analysis of plant operation appertaining to the operation and efficacy of the installed mechanical systems (including plumbing, drainage, heating, and HVAC systems).
- To carry out relevant testing and certification of mechanical plant and systems - in accordance with all appropriate regulations and within the remit of the post-holder’s relevant qualifications.
- To carry out and complete all works to a high standard, in a competent manner and to leave the site of works in a clean and tidy condition.
- To liaise with other staff and external contractors in a positive and cooperative manner and as necessary to ensure the timely and proper completion of works to support reasonable operational expectations.
- To ensure appropriate and timely completion of tasks, followed by submission of all relevant paperwork, job/time sheets and any necessary certification accordingly.
- To work with line manager and provide advice and information relating to any technical matters.
- Ensure that any required qualifications for this position remain valid and that any necessary training is arranged and undertaken in accordance with appropriate timescales. To attend meetings, training sessions and conferences as required.
- Be commercially aware and be responsible for ordering required materials from suppliers in an efficient manner, following the company’s purchasing procedures.
- To act at all times in accordance with the Group’s rules, policies, procedures and ethos.
- To supervise, direct and positively motivate junior staff and/or apprentices who may be appointed to assist and support the wider performance of this role.
- To carry out, as and when required, any additional tasks and responsibilities as are reasonably compatible with this job description and its objectives
- Building longstanding relationships with clients