We are a fully integrated design and construction business that harnesses the contracting strength of JN Bentley and the design specialisms of Mott MacDonald.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
As an employee-owned company, we place great emphasis on our people and developing them, who have made us a multiple award-winning partner for many UK water companies. We constantly strive to improve ourselves and those we work with.
We have been appointed as a partner to Thames Water’s 5-year AMP7 capital works programme. The programme will improve clean and wastewater services to 15 million customers, as well as improving the environment. This appointment gives MMB direct allocation to a multimillion-pound programme of water and wastewater non-infrastructure and infrastructure projects.
The Project Design Leader is responsible for delivering the design through the project lifecycle, from solution definition, enabling and design, construction support, and completion.
For your project(s), you will be responsible for producing design yourself (within your discipline), coordination and integration of other engineering disciplines and contributors, and the performance of the design delivery (time, cost and quality).
We are looking for talented engineers, of varying discipline and with around 3 to 5 years’ experience in water/wastewater. Working collaboratively with a Site Manager and Quantity Surveyor, this role offers you development of your technical and design management skills; experience of project delivery, procurement and construction; and the opportunity to gain site engineering experience.
- Develop your technical and design delivery skills within a multidisciplinary team.
- Develop your experience of procurement, commercial and construction, within a fully integrated design & build company.
- Follow a project from design, through to construction, commissioning and completion.
- An opportunity to acquire site engineering experience.
- Excellent experience for those seeking to obtain professional qualifications, which we will support you with, via our development and training programmes.
- Grow your professional internal and external networks, including engagement with our global Mott MacDonald practices and learning from our subject matter experts.
- Help develop new ways of working, such as reducing our carbon, protecting the environment and increasing biodiversity, and embracing innovations and new digital technologies.
- Be part of a diverse and secured programme of projects that include water, wastewater, infrastructure and non-infrastructure.
- Work with one of the most successful and award-winning UK water sector design & build companies, as well as the largest UK water company.
- Embrace the benefits of hybrid-working.
- Form collaborative relationships with the Site Manager and Quantity Surveyor, and the Thames Water project team, to collectively manage time, cost and quality, and successfully deliver the project outcomes.
- Manage your project design team and create an engaging environment.
- Positively engage with Thames Water to develop relationships and enhance our reputation.
- Engage with the wider Mott MacDonald global business to enhance our performance.
- Help to identify and develop affordable, innovative and low carbon design solutions.
- Be responsible for leading and delivering multi-disciplinary design for a water, or a wastewater, project.
- Plan, monitor and manage the design, to ensure that the design is completed within budget, on time, minimises risk, and the output complies with the requirements.
- Produce technical design deliverables within your discipline.
- Provide enabling, construction and commissioning support.
- Be an enabler for using Mott MacDonald’s global design services and digital services.
- Deliver designs that consider and mitigate both safety, environmental and social risks.
- Academically qualified design engineer.
- Either chartered or working towards chartership.
- Experience of water and wastewater assets, and undertaking design from solution to construction.
- Experience of managing design quality control processes.
- Able to collaborate and work effectively within a multidiscipline and diverse team.
- Ability to successfully deliver design to program, budget and quality requirements.
- Proactive approach and growth mindset, with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
- Understanding of designer’s responsibilities under CDM.
Salary range is competitive, and commensurate with experience, skills and qualifications.
MMB are an adopter of hybrid working and the role location is flexible. The role will require attendance at meetings in Reading and site visits in the Thames Valley area.