J N Bentley have a fantastic opportunity for a Site Agent to support projects based out of our Peterborough Office. With a busy pipeline of work across our existing frameworks covering East Anglia, Lincolnshire & Northamptonshire, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects within the Highways, Flood Alleviation & local Authority sectors ranging in value from £0.1m to £5m. You will be joining a growing team with a great reputation in the UK Construction industry.
As a Site Agent within our Peterborough team, you will be reporting into a contracts manager, you will have the opportunity to provide ideas and suggestions to the design team during the development of detailed designs to make our projects easier, safer, more cost effective and more sustainable to build. You will manage day to day site operations to ensure construction is conducted in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule and in accordance with the appropriate standards, specifications and regulatory requirements as well as carrying out regular inspections to monitor performance and ensure health & safety compliance throughout the construction process.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Maintain project diary
- Manage labour, plant and materials on site
- Manage subcontractors and direct labour
- Conduct review meetings and report regularly on all construction activities including budget, scheduling, personnel and other resource requirements
- Assist the estimating team in the preparation of the project estimate or cost plans
- Contribute to work planning, and briefing project teams, contractors and suppliers
This is a great opportunity for someone that is enthusiastic and has a 'can do' attitude that can get the work done.
- Background in Construction / Building Services with Civil Engineering experience .
- Experienced Site Manager, able to lead by example
- Strong managerial skills
- Experience of working in Design & Build
- Thorough understanding of safety, environmental and quality management processes
- Thorough understanding of commercial, contractual and procurement processes
- NEC / JCT awareness
- Good knowledge of temporary works
- Experience of both incident and near miss reporting
- SMSTS / CSCS
- Good IT Skills
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to work closely with clients
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Security clearance is desirable